Title

Monday 14 March 2011

I just don't want to!

Apparently it's a good idea to stretch after a half marathon, otherwise your legs get fixed in position and stairs turn evil on you.  I have also discovered that sitting and standing up are tests of your pain threshold. It appears mine is low. Very very low. If I ever get pregnant, I want the drugs, ok, give me the bloody drugs!!




So my new job involves organising sport events, I let slip in my interview that I’ve signed up for the marathon. I think they might have mistaken me for a sporty person and thus it gave me the edge over the competition. It turns out my co-workers are all serious fitness freaks, I use the word freaks loosely as they are in fact very nice and I have to say that as they might one day read this (hello Lizzie). All I’m saying is iron man competitions and mountain climbing are kinda hardcore! 
 
Any way, I think it took all of half an hour, on my first day, for them to realise I am in fact a secret slob. The penguin walk and chocolate stuffing gave it all away. Too late now though, they’ve employed me. Muwha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!! 
It's quite handy working with athletes; they eat constantly and give you a daily running plan. Plus you become so in awe of their sporting ability and so scared of showing your true slob side that you almost manage to stick to the training plan! Almost.

I did a mini 3 miler on Wednesday to encourage my legs to work again and a fast (well fast for me) 5 miles on Friday. I was too lazy to give up any of my weekend for a run so instead ate some excellent pancakes (a chocolate one and a golden syrup one, yeah, I knew you wanted to know the toppings!). Mmmmmmmm pancakes.

Ummm what was I saying? Oh yeah, running. Right, Monday night I was suppose to go for 12 miles, but I got home and faffed about and then it got late and I got hungry and I started to write this and I didn’t make it out the door. Tomorrow, I’ll do it tomorrow ok! Jeeze, give me a break! I’ve got a feeling on the day of the marathon, I’m going to look back at all those times I was too lazy to go running and the pathetic excuses I came up with and curse my self!

I have 2 weeks until I have to reach the 18 mile point! Aggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
 
4 weeks to go to D-day! Pant wetting it?! Oh yeah! 

No comments: